Welcome to Taunton Vale Polo Club
Founded in 1911 by the Officers of the Regimental Depot of the Somerset Light Infantry, together with other enthusiasts, Taunton Vale Polo Club has the oldest polo ground in England. Join us from April to September to play or watch some of the best polo the Westcountry has to offer. We provide polo for all ages and abilities from beginners to professionals with varying tournament levels allowing all members to be involved.
• Two boarded grounds and practise ground
• Wednesday chukkas and weekend tournaments
• Ponies available to hire
• Coaching and lessons available
The ground is open to spectators, so bring along a picnic and watch the action from the sidelines or from the beautiful thatched clubhouse open to visitors and members alike.
• Free entry (some finals day may incur a small charge)
• Dogs welcome (to be kept on a lead at all times)
• Refreshments available from the clubhouse
• No dress code
“A fun and friendly club in the lovely Somerset countryside showcasing low goal polo at its best…”
The 2019 Season Coming Soon.....
We will be starting the 2019 season mid April.Any enquiries please email the Secretary.
Thank you for all your support last season and thank you to all our sponsors throughout the forthcoming season.